Green Data Centers
Green Colocation Facilities – If your business plans or environmental goals include colocating in a Green Data Center, DataCenterAndColocation can help. We have identified data centers that are Leeds Certified and can provide you with an efficient data center. Some green Data Centers and colocation facilities have been designed and built to reduce overall energy consumption and maximize energy efficiency by modifying their mechanical and electrical systems. Some have gone as far as to install multi-megawatt solar farms and obtained a LEED Green Data Center certification. Many facilities demonstrate environmental responsibility while providing enhanced reliability and cost savings.
Using recycled infrastructure, alternative power sources and energy-saving technology are goals of many data centers. Due to rising energy costs and concerns over environmental issues grows, some colocation facilities are focusing on changing methodologies to become eco-friendly and also benefit from going green. Most data centers were traditionally focused 100% on achieving maximum up-time while minimal considerations were paid to conserving energy or creating an environmentally conscious data center. Only in the past 10 years have data centers started to realize that the higher costs of creating a green facility can be offset by the lower long-term operating costs and maintenance costs. You can use less energy and save more money by going green. Many states are offer tax incentives to retrofit data center to green data centers.
Here are some of the things Data Centers are doing to go green and eco-friendly:
- Run the facility using solar, wind power or hydroelectric power
- Installing scalable systems to use only the exact needed energy capacity
- Placing catalytic converters on your backup power generators
- Install a synthetic white material on roofs to reflect external heat
- Optimizing mechanical and electrical systems so they run efficiently
- Using recycled or low-emission materials
- Starting a waste recycling program in the colocation facility
- Using more natural light in the data center
- Recycling obsolete machines
Green Data Centers
Save on data center cage space and colocation pricing. DataCenterAndColocation is a free data center and colocation site consulting firm; not an impersonal colo quoting service. Our highly experienced consultants work directly with colocation clients to analyze their current data center and colocation requirements and costs. We generate specific request for proposals for alternative colocation sites based on your specific requirements and then, perform a comparative analysis of all data center solution options. This saves precious management time, operations resources and saves money with our wholesale agreements making your decision process faster and easier. We can secure the best colocation and cloud pricing for your servers or cage colocation space or in other states across the US. We represent over 3000 data centers nationwide and many foreign data centers. When you use our free colocation consulting service, you always pay less for your data center.
Save Money, Save Time And Get The Best Rate
- We track recent colocation rates
- We know the “strengths and weaknesses” of each data center
- We negotiate the lowest rate possible
- We get better rates than you can negotiate directly
- Our services are free to colocation clients
To contact us regarding Green Data Centers, please follow this link.
For more information on our colocation services click here: COLOCATION CONSULTING SERVICES.